Enjoy achieving together…by being the best that we can be!
Learning at Usworth Colliery is engaging, excites the learners and teacher, and is about every child making progress every lesson.
We aim to:
- Enable children to become confident, resourceful, creative, enquiring and independent learners.
- Challenge and support children to enable them to take on responsibilities, opportunities and experiences of life, including the essential learning skills in English, Maths & ICT.
- Foster children’s self-esteem, help them build positive relationships with other people and raise their aspirations for the future.
- Develop children’s self-respect and encourage children to respect the ideas, attitudes, values and feelings of others.
- Nuture talents, as well as encourage high standards of academic achievement.
- Show respect for all cultures and, in so doing, to promote positive attitudes towards other people.
- Enable children to understand their community and help them feel valued as part of this community.
- Help children grow into reliable, independent, safe, healthy and positive citizens.
- Promote the British Values agenda.