Usworth Colliery Primary School received £9,730 for PE & Sports Funding consisting of £8,000 plus an additional £5 per child to spend on improving the quality of PE/Sports provision within school. However, Governors have allocated more of the main school budget to improve provision.
In 2016-17, the Government’s Primary PE and Sport Funding will be spent on:
- The Gateshead Sports Coordinators Package, which provides us with
- Access to ‘screened’ sports coaches/organisations to work on site along side teaching staff during curriclum hours or delivey of breakfast/lunchtime/after school clubs or intra/inter school competitions.
- Access to Professional Devlopment Opportunites in Sport
- Sports delivery programmes to be linked Gateshead School Games Programme to increase schools participation.
- Two one hour Lifestyle, Activity and Food (LAF) sessions.
- A school membership to the National Trust.
- Dedicated resources to aid the development of community club links. with local ‘clubmark’ sports clubs and coaches.
- A School Support Partner to provide tailored support.
- Dedicated telephone support.
- Advice on how to apply for funding grants.
- Up to 90 FREE enties into Sunderland City Councils ‘Big’Sport and Physical Activity Events in 2015.
- Access to regular PE co-ordinator meetings and training
- Two days of intra-school competition; one for EYFS/KS1 and one for KS2
- Continue to employ a PE & Sports teaching assistant to support teachers in the delivery of PE in lessons (including leading some of parts of the lessons and taking small groups), set up lessons, support after-school Sports Clubs, lead games at playtimes and lunchtimes, etc.
- Access to the Play Makers Scheme to train Y5 children to support games with younger children and playtime and lunchtime.
- Release for PE Leader to monitor curriculum, clubs and CPD.
- Further extend opportunities for younger children to take part in sporting clubs and competitions.
- Further extend participation in a range of different sporting competitions in both the Sunderland and Gateshead cluster and contribute to travel arrangements for these.
- INSET for all staff on PE planning and delivering effective PE lessons. In addition to personalised CPD for individual staff and training for the PE Leader.
After school clubs
The company Keep Active provides us with the majority of after school clubs this year. They offer a wide variety of clubs with high quality coaching at a cost of £2738 for the year. We also pay for additional boxing (£425) and NUFC football (£125). Total costs of after school provision is £3288
PE & Sports funding for 2015-2016
Usworth Colliery Primary School received £9,730 for PE & Sports Funding. We get £8,000 plus an additional £5 per child to spend on improving the quality of PE/Sports provision within school. However, Governors have allocated more of the main school budget to improve provision.
See below for the relevant actions and impact of funding for 2015/2016.